Thursday, March 11, 2004

Post The First - actual and for real this time

Well met (again),

And now I have my own shiny new Blog (is it a capital? Is there a convention yet? Do I care?). Of course, now I come to actually write my first genuine, not-just-to-get-a-preview post and I've forgotten all the great Blog ideas that were circling in my brain. I have a loose concept of the format I want to use, sort of a "what's on my mind" mixed with what I've done today and what I want to do tomorrow. I was thinking of making some sort of journal out of this, something that would be 'live' for people to read. Just spit-balling here, but I think it might work.

Read up on mi amigo Unky Gra Gra's blog today, and that's really what started all this. Of course, I'm not going to turn out to be involved with Project Mayhem, or anything nearly that exciting, but I reckon my blog'll still be worth an occassional giggle.

That's kinda it for now. Catchye on the flipside.

Four things I learned recently;

  1. The funnier and longer the name of a martial arts technique, the more it hurts when it is demonstrated on you.

  2. No matter how tasty the Rainbow trout poached in coconut milk or garlic and basil-basted quail is going to be, if you want people to come over for dinner you gotta give 'em more warning than four hours.

  3. You can drive from Canberra to Sussex Inlet (approx. 170Km) without the oil cap on your car, but don't expect the engine to perform anywhere near at peak efficiency for a while.
  4. When I know what I want in a DVD store I'm in and out in seconds. When they don't have it, I hope you brough a packed lunch...



=======

"We are now up against live, hostile targets. So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch."
- Sgt. Harry Wells, Dog Soldiers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home