Saturday, June 10, 2006

Book 12 1/2

"Attack Of The Bacon Robots" by Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik

It's no great surprise that Penny Arcade is one of my favourite comics, so when I heard they were actually going to bring out an printed book of their first two years of strips I was well chuffed. And also a little sad cause I was sure it wouldn't come out locally. I had resigned myself to paying $US Lots for postage and stuff when, on my visit to Melbourne, I found it in Minotaur for a paltry... I think it was about $25. Yippee!

And I loved it. Like Book 11 1/2, the Director's Commentary aspect was great. The introductions are funny, as are the notes themselves. Even Carmen laughed out loud while she was reading it! She occassionally had to ask me for an explanation or two ("Who's John Romero?"), but she did very much enjoy it! :)

For pure fun and entertainment value this one gets four and a half nerdcore gags out of five.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you could have picked it up in Dee's or Impact months ago.

Can't wait for the second book. That whole hardcopy thing is really a plus.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home