Friday, March 10, 2006

Not a great shock, really...

Klein Sexual Orientation Grid


I scored an average of 1.1

01 2 3 4 5 6
HeterosexualBisexualHomosexual

Meaning

This result can also be related to the Kinsey Scale:

0 = exclusively heterosexual
1 = predominantly heterosexual, incidentally homosexual
2 = predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
3 = equally heterosexual and homosexual
4 = predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5 = predominantly homosexual, incidentally heterosexual
6 = exclusively homosexual

Summary

The idea of this excercise is to understand exactly how dynamic a person's sexual orientation can be, as well as how fluid it can be over a person's lifespan. While a person's number of actual homo/heterosexual encounters may be easy to categorize, their actual orientation may be completely different. Simple labels like "homosexual", "heterosexual", and "bisexual" need not be the only three options available to us.

Take the quiz

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'm confused now. AFAIK, you've only had girlfriends, and been happy being in the vagina business (as I heard it described by Emma Thompson last night). You are a peculiar mixture of conservative and libertine, "out there" and introverted, but I never picked you for "incidentally homosexual".

fatfingers

9:58 PM  
Blogger Euan said...

Well, I think that the concept of homosexuality it tests includes prefered social associat, and forming emotional, non-sexual bonds with memebrs of the same sex, so I guess that's where the "incidentally homosexual" thing comes from. Either that, or I'm actually a raging poof and all the rumours are true. :)

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does seem to have some not-so-modern, or least fairly stringent, views towards how people associate between the genders and what it might mean.

I think this test's most valuable contribution is showing that sexuality isn't a strict either/or set of conditions.

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I scored 4.5

And that was brought down mostly because I choose to not hang around with homosexual people... so although this "test" has some merit, I think it is inherently flawed, as you can't describe how "gay" I am by who I hang around with...

Eh... maybe I just need to get my numbers up by hanging around more flamers...

I dunno... law of averages or something...

:)

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Well I scored 4.5'

Aw, I got 4.29! Pipped at the post, or what? ;)

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home