Saturday, June 10, 2006

Representing Deutschland, yo!

Most of you will be aware of the work of Peter Stormare. You won't know this, of course, as he is one of the great HITGs[1] of our time. Seriously, you'll know him when you see him.

Anyway, I found these "Un-Pimp Your Ride" ads hilarious. Ratti didn't quite agree, but I'm used to finding things disproportionately funny.

The first one is what sells the series for me, with the "VW" hand jive and "Representing Deutschland!" pimp talk. I think these are as close to perfect ads as I've seen in a while.

Of course, the second ad features a similar gag (that's why they call it a series) and by the third, he seems to be enjoying the un-pimping to an alarming degree.

I should probably warn Cal and other lovers of shiny rice burners that the AOFLC has rated these ads "Noooooooo!" for violence against awesome cars.[2] :)


[1] Hey! It's That Guy!
[2] Of course, they haven't really. Thought I should mention that in case some credulous fool believes me. I don't want to get in trouble or anything.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the ads as well, mostly because of Peter Stormare. It's great seeing an oft creepy actor do something amusing. Kinda like watching Christopher Walken in that Fatboy Slim videoclip.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home