Monday, October 30, 2006

Great news!

This weekend just gone Carmen and I went to a little place on the South Coast called Bewong River Retreat and, amongst consuming our bodyweight in seafood and doing very, very little, I finally popped the question.

And Carmen said yes!!!

I wrote her a story, the last page of which held the proposal and when she - somewhat tearfully - looked up, there was yours truly, on one knee with the ring.

And she said yes!!! :)

Although, after 6 years and several conversations on the subject, it was probably the safest bet since an 80 year old billionaire proposed to a young, blonde bimbo.

So, all things being equal, we're going to get married some time late November/early December next year.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my Darlin' I've said it by text and I'll say it again. Congratulations to both you and the lovely Miss Carmen. What a gorgeous way of proposing and how you. Long days and Happy nights to you both. Much love always, Bobbi

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you, Euan! And it's the best excuse in the world for not blogging ;-) Your proposal sounded beautiful. So romantic (sigh).

You once said to me that you can only be young once, but can be immature forever. Well, it looks like a big chunk of maturity has landed on you whether you planned it that way or not! But I know that you'll keep that spark of childlike insanity forever. You'd better.

Congratulations to you both, I'm sure you will be great together. In true social cliche mode, my thoughts turn straight to children. My advice is don't procrastinate about bringing mini-people into the world - it never looks like a good time, but it always is. Just pray the orange-monster-hair gene is recessive.

fatfingers

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about bloody time! I don't even live in Oz and I've known about Carmen for years! Seriously though cuz, she's an amazing girl and I couldn't be happier for you guys.

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord! Children!!?? We need to get the wedding out of the way first! The mini-people can wait.... Really. :o)

Thanks all for congrats and well wishes - it's lovely!

Carms. :o)

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carmen, I wasn't suggesting getting preggers straight away! I just think that waiting another six years or so would be a pity.

Plus you know that Euan would make a top dad, not least because he already has all the toys the kids will ever need. ;-)

fatfingers

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please note, all who read (and therefore know) Euan that reference to children did not/repeat not come from his mother!!! I want to get some practice as a - big shudder - mother-in-law first ;-)

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home