Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Book 30

"Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince" by J. K. Rowling

And I gotta say, thank god the red pen came out for this one. Shorter and punchier than the last Potter adventure, this one hits the ground running and keeps it up for most of the time. Harry and the gang are in their 6th year at Hogwarts and all kindsa stuff has been happening. Voldemort's back and there have been deaths and disappearances in the wizarding and muggle world.

We got magic, we got Death Eaters, we got Malfoy being a dick. Really, you should know the formula by now. Like Carms said, I really cannae say too much about this one wihtout spoilers, suffice it so say that even I got a little misty eyed toward the end of the book. I picked a couple of the twists before they came, but there were one or two I didnae see coming. Well, not more than a few pages beforehand. I even spent most of this one not wanting to smack Harry and the gang upside the head for being a stupid tosser. A definite return to form for Ms Rowling, and I'm looking well forward to the next (and I believe final) instalment.

Four assasination attempts out of five.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home