Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Que dia tenia!

Started the morning with heading into Woden for my job test thingy (a reading and comprehension exam about which more later) and grabbed a (very good) coffee at Gaudi. I saw Sofie, whom I haven't seen in ages, and gave her hugs and a quick update on what was happening in my world and then I headed to the testing place. At this point, I realised I had forgotten the extension I needed to call when I got to the testing place and had to ring poor Ratti and wake her up to get it. She was, I must say (and at the risk of turning this blog into a Ratti lovefest) entirely unsnarky at being awoken mere hours after getting to bed and gave me not only the info I needed but genuine good luck wishes too. Y'know, I may have the best housemate ever.

So I did the test, which consisted of 8 questions on a page of text. The subject of the test? That the Industrial Revolution and the mechanisation of labour have done very little to substantively alter the domestic and working situation of the average woman. A little light reading, as it were. I rattled off what I hope were the right answers. Something about how it's a good job that they haven't changed, cause if women get payed the same and offered the same jobs as us, emlpoyers may find out how lazy and shiftless we men are and take all the jobs. I should be hearing back from IP some time this week, a practically unheard-of timeframe for Public Service jobs or so I'm told. I guess they're just in a rush to empoloy me.Who can blame them, eh?

Now I'm at Uni printing out my thesis to copy, bind and submit. What's the internet term again? Ah, yes. That's right;

SQUEE!!! :) :) :) :)

Once that's done, I'm going home to pack for the move in 10 days.

I do hope I get to relax some time soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home