Monday, August 15, 2005

World = Small

As I type this, I am sitting at the stage door of the Canberra Theatre. Tonight, a troupe of Chinese Acrobats will amaze and astound a rapt audience. And the acrobats will be eating a specially-catered meal. I know this becuase I just held the door open for the caterer to drop off his stuff.

Flashback to last night where my mum and dad shouted Carmen, Cal and myself to dinner as sort of "congratulations for gettin the MA done" thing. We went to the Malaysian/Chinese restaurant at the Chisholm shops and it was bloody fantastic! San Bow (I think) Duck, Prawn Massmun, Honey and Sweet Chilli Chicken and Boxing chicken. Mmmm... one of the best Asian meals I've had in ages, and it was all served rapidly (for the most part) and piping hot.

Flashback even further (like, around 4 years) to the Bamboo production of "Twelfth Night". One day, between shows, about 15 of us went to the Belconnen food court and had a banquet meal put on by the Yum Cha stall.

So where am I going with this? Well, the caterer, the owner of the restaurant from last night and the owner of the Yum Cha stall from ages ago were all the same person! How cool is that? Wish I was working tonight, too. I'd try and scrounge some food. :)

Oh, and a big shout out to Tim and Charlotte who went and got one of my figures off lay-by at Dee's to congratulate me for finishing my MA. THANKS GUYS!!! Totally, completely out of the blue and totally, completely awesome! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought we agreed never to mention the theatre company Bamboo again.

You know jar and I still have to get a few hours of our life back from them.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home