Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Momentous days...

And days without broadband, hence why I'm so far behind, but I'll try and catch ye all up.

Firstly; I got the job!!!!

As of October 17th I'm going to be a trademark examiner for IP Australia! Full time, full benefits and everything! My first grown-up job! Or, at least, my first grown-up, non-casual job. Mmmm.... employment security... :) This is all assuming that they don't find something in my medical test that means I can't work there. I had to go to Health Services Australia and have a pre-employment medical and I ain't never had a medical before. I even had to pee in a cup and all I could think of was the scene from Scrubs where Dr Cox tells the kid to put the cup on the ground, close his eyes and just "go nuts"! I didn't though. :)

In the mean time, I'm back at Gaudi until I start at IP and still picking up odd theatre shifts here and there. And doing some stocktaking for Eliane at Pumpkin Patch too, so I should be able to pay the bills. Mostly.

Secondly; Carmen and I now live together!!!!

The new house is awesome and we're completely unpacked! I've even unpacked the four or so boxes that were to be "sorted on unpack"... when we moved into Finniss Crescent. :)

Third and finally; I joined a gym!

Actually, we all did. Yamba sports club had an open day for their 10th birthday and waived their usual $199 joining fee. We all (Carmen, Ratti and me) checked it out on saturday and saw how cool it was so we joined. Carmen and Ratti just got the standard "you can use our stuff and do our classes" membership, but I got the "we give you a fitness test and plan a program" membership. So, from no phsyical/medical tests pretty much ever to two in two days. What a busy week I've had. I did my first session today and it wasnae too bad. The cardio will be good to build up on, and I may even get some muscle definition too. Lucky me! :)

And that's most of the major stuff updated. Sorry I've been so slack, but what with moving and having no broadband (still don't, actually) I've been a bit cut off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, that sounds a bit Einsteinish! Does this make you a bureaucrat?

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! That's freakin' awesome! Good work.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home