Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Home and Homebake

I'm home from work, after heading into work, 'cause I'm feeling a wee bit crook. Not sick, per se, but sort of floaty and tingly. If getting wet, then getting hot, then getting wet again at Homebake has given me the 'flu... well, it was worth it really.

Carms and I, as well as our friend Louise, headed up to Sydney on the Friday for the festival, and after a bracing brekky at a backpacker/cafe near central, we made our way to the Domain.

The highlight of the day for me was the Hilltop Hoods. They ramped up the crowd, blasted out a selection of old classics and stuff from their new(ish) album and were just frickin' awesome!

Little Birdy were also pretty damn cool, and Eskimo were awesome too. And very humble, thanking the crowd and their fans many times during their set (between pretty much every song :) ).

I mostly enjoyed the Silverchair set, although my back was getting quite sore by then, and I was totally over being jostled by people pushing back and forth through the crowd. Also, he may be an incredibly talented guitarist (and I mean incredibly talented), but he struck as being kind of a dick. Nothing specific I can put my finger on, but just a general "dick"-ness coming across.

A pleasant surprise was seeing Toni Collette and the Finish. Yes, it's that Toni Collette and she and her band gave us some great folk-y rock. Or possibly rock-y folk. Either way, it was a great set that saw Ms. Collette firmly smack down a heckler who felt that "you're terrible, Muriel" was something that needed to be called out between songs.

Rain or no rain, it was a great day with only a couple of drunken eejits gratuitously bumping into us, and that out of excess exubrance, rather than agression. I did see a couple of almost-fights, but they were defused quickly and it would seem that the NSW Police were also pleased with how things went.

And to cap it off, we were able to catch up with Unky Gra Gra on the day after. Yay!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there are other people in sydney as well :)

But I suppose I'll see you down in C'bra around the boxing day ness?

Yes?

Sam (the third)

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home