Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Fear the might of Smuffy!!

I've finally caved and joined an MMPORG (that's Massively Multi-Player Online Role-paying Game). Of course, caved might be too strong a word, implying as it does a deep personal struggle against the forces of temptation. Actually, Jodie just asked "Have you heard of Kings Of Chaos? Do you want to join my army?". So, really, not a caving. Maybe a 'slight rocky outcropping'. But I digress.

The game is based around a text-based, simple system that apparently a bunch of kids in America came up with over summer break. Don't believe me? Check out the KoC history.

So Jodie sent me a link, I clicked it and chose the name Smuffy as one that would strike fear into the hearts of mine enemies. I'd seen the link on one of my web comics (I think Barry over at InkTank has an army), but never really went for it. Now I have, and will serve my master faithfully in nutting her enemies and stuff. I think. I actually have litte-to-no idea of what to do. What I do know is that I can get an army by other people clicking on my link, signing up and joining my army. As I said, it's text based, it's free and it's not the kind of game you need to be constantly logged onto to get anywhere. That's what Jodie says, anyway, and she's ranked 164,397th of 220,707 players, so she knows of what she speaks. :)

I'm off to train now, and also meet up with my Masters supervisory panel as a unit for the first time ever. What fun awaits me today!! :)

Four things I learned recently;

  1. Carmen doesn't like parsley sauce any more than I do.

  2. Eating a good breakfast really does make as much of a difference as they all say it does.

  3. Even if you're pretty sure you know what a present is going to be, when you get it, it's still cool.

  4. There are in fact 2 ovens in the communal kitchen at the UC Jervis Bay Research Centre.



==========
" "
- Grandma, Les Tripllettes De Belleville

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home