Friday, November 05, 2004

Stupid Bastards

They went and did it again, didn't they?

Don't pretend you don't know who or what I'm talking about. The bloody yanks. Or, more accurately, the bloody American Right. And I think I know how they did it. Remember every "big shock" when someone popular is voted off Australian Idol, and how the people that liked them are all "we would've voted, but we figured she/he was safe anyway". That's what I reckon happened in the US. People thought; "I don't need to bother voting. There's no way he'll get in again".

But he did. It might be annoying sometimes, it might mean you have to take time out of your busy saturday, but compulsory voting at least means that everyone does vote. The numbers on people *not* turning up to vote in the US elections are just fucking scary. I know I'm not there and maybe it's not that simple, but for God's sake people, if you want to get rid of him, then you have to frickin' *vote*, you eejits!

1 Comments:

Blogger c said...

voter turnout was up by around 15,000,000 on 2000 mate.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home