Monday, June 13, 2005

Book 25

"The Full Cupboard of Life" by Alexander McCall Smith

Another 'cut and paste' review for a No.1 Ladies Detective Agency book. More fun and enjoyment from Ramotswe, Makutsi and Matekoni and friends. This time we have a parachute jump, a successful hairdresser who suspects her suitors may be just after her money and finally Mma Ramotswe and Rra J. L. B. Matekoni get married!

Smith has kept up his usual high standard of narrative, character and immersiveness in this, the fifth No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency novel. I'm a little disappointed that my mum doesn't have the sixth novel for me to steal for a while, but I guess I'd better just bite the bullet and buy it m'self. :)

Four

And I've also managed to find the red tea that they dirnk, and it's very yummy. It's called roibos and comes from South America. Also, it's caffeine free, so if you're feeling like a cuppa before bed, then it's all good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Euan said...

Rather than edit the post and hope no one noticed, I'll be honest and say I just fucked up. Apart from the fact that they don't "dirnk" anything in the book, rather they "drink" it, I would also like to add that the roibos comes from South Africa, not South America. I am a fool.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home