Sunday, September 25, 2005

Auditioning

Again. This time for ReP's production of "Sly Fox" that'll be hitting Theatre 3 in November. I believe they had around 14 auditionees for around 11 roles, so I think I may be in with a chance. Did Steve's lesbian rant from Coupling and the director laughed, so that didn't hurt. He hadn't actually heard of Coupling either, and it's always nice to give a director a piece they haven't seen before. Helps you stand out from the crowd. When there has been a crowd, that is... We talked about about the show, and he gave me a rundown of their tak on it.

"Sly Fox" (written by Larry "M*A*S*H" Gelbart) is basically a retelling of "Volpone" (written by Ben Jonson) and if you want a plot summary, follow the links. What Aarne (that's the director) wants to do is move the setting to 1980's Canberra (and that's a possessive, not plural, "s" so the apostrophe is right...) and the style almost to commedia dell'arte. I think this will put it not a million miles away from Bell's "Servant Of Two Masters", of which you have heard me wax much lyrical, which would be awesome!!

I should hear back tomorrow, so here's hoping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home