Saturday, December 10, 2005

Book 44 1/2

"The Complete Bone" by Jeff Smith

Okay, I know I said I wouldn't include grapic novels in this list, but the Complete Bone is about 1300 frickin' pages long, so it counts! Right!? *ahem* Now we've got that sorted, let's move on to the review.

I loved, loved, loved this book!! The art was clear, simple and amazing. I'm not normally one to go for the drawn/animated ladies, but I hafta say that Smith's style makes it very clear that Thorn is a complete hotty! : )

The story lines (many and twisting) are written brilliantly, with much genuine humour and some very serious sections as well. There's a quality to the writing that puts it right up there with Winick, Miller, Ellis and Ennis. And, yes, I know that there's some chronological issues with the order of that list, but it's my review so bugger off.

As I'm trying to catch up from neglecting my blog for so long, I'm not going to go into much more detail than saying that if you get a chance to buy/read this collection, then do so. It's definitely on my "must have" list, and should be on yours too!

four and a half stupid rat creatures out of five.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord. You are the only person on Earth who would include Judd Winick in a list with Miller, Ennis and Ellis.

Personally, I love his stuff (mostly) but it's hard to find people who can tolerate his work.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Euan said...

I love Winick! From "Pedro and Me" through to Barry, he's awesome.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home