Sunday, March 21, 2004

Cat Empire ROCK!!

Well met,

It is official. They are awesome, sounding just as good live as they do on the CD (better, really) and having the audience eating out of their hands. The vibe was awesome, Hello went for about ten minutes and god I skanked hard. I have never skanked harder than I did on Thursday night. Why, specifically, do they rock? Well, for starters, they played a two hour set, were obviously having as much fun on stage as we were watching them and they even thanked the techies. In fact, not only did they get a cheer going for the sound and lighting guys - who were locals - but they got their touring roadie up on stage to take a bow. How. Fucking. Cool. Is. That? The Wine Song had a couple of groups of people (us included) linking arms and giving it bit of the old Greek-step-kick thing, and then the two groups of people (who had, BTW, never met each other) joined up into a great big step-kicking circle, so basically the greatest ice-breaker in the world is an amazing latin/hip-hop/reggae/ska/swing/gypsy band. A pity there aren't more of them around, eh?

Dinner at the Shalimar went well also, with about 13 people from the various bits of my life - work, social, family - getting together and consuming mass quantities of excellent food and chatting. Of course, I missed about half an hour of that chatting because - peanut that I am - I left my Cat Empire ticket at home and had to zoom back to Narrabundah to get it. Still, Civic to Narrabundah and back in less than twenty-five minutes and only moderate spraining of the speed limits was a good effort.

And I got my last batch of presents! Pirates of the Carribean and Enemy Of The State on DVD from the peoples at work, as well as a photo of me peeking around a corner in an awesome frame. It's a little hard to explain, but it really is an awesome picture and an awesome frame. I also got a slinky from Jim and one of those little metal things you wind up and it wobbles around on the table from Chaedy. Very cool. :)

Four things I've learned recently;

  1. Deep-fried mars bars are not yet part of my culinary repertoire.

  2. Working on a day you don't normally work, combined with a decent night's sleep, a Cat Empire CD and working with some of your favourite people can actually be fun.
  3. At least two people more than I thought read this.

  4. I may have been premature in my declaration of a 2nd academic wind, but I'm still trying.



======
"Good news, everyone..."
- Professor Farnsworth, Futurama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home