Wednesday, December 29, 2004

EATTISOML #25

"You Sound Like Louis Burdett" - The Whitlams

And so we come to the first (but probably not last) Whitlams entry into my big 32.

How do you tell someone outside the group that a song that contains the lyrics "All my friends are fuck-ups, but they're fun to have around" strikes a genuine, companionable chord somewhere deep in your heart? You can't, really. You just have to pat them on the hand and apologise because they probably haven't even heard a song with the word 'fuck' in it before.

This up-beat, raucous (sp?) offering from one of the Evil Bunnies' all-time favourite groups is a fantastic, silly anthem to dancing around the house like a mad thing and hanging out with people whose minds are just as much in the gutter as your own. I have no idea who Louis Burdett is (although I'm sure many of the people I know can tell me), and I really don't mind not knowing. The song is energetic, the people it reminds me of are awesome and I love it - and them - to this day.

As a famous person may or may not have said;

"A real friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting beside you in the cell saying; 'Dude, we fucked up'."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good friend will help you move. A great friend will help you move a body
-Nov :-)

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home