Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Quiet days

Howdy pardners,

Your chief procrastinator Euan here (well, I would be chief, but I didn't get around to running in the election - ba-doom tish) with more fun tales of a dull life. With a steady combination of work, buying Red Faction 2 and general laziness my essay still remains unfinished (although I am at Uni as we speak, so here's hoping today's the damn day). Of course, I'm still managing to distract myself with blogs, web comics and other crappola, but I am at least not in front of a wall full of DVD and video-based distractions.

Had Nick from work and Sam IV over last night, wherein we did eat pizza, drink beer and play XBox games until I was literally nodding off with the controller in my hand. At 130am. I would say I'm getting soft, but then again I've never been a particularly big one for late nights. Or early mornings.

As for the games we played, Red Faction 2 is oodles of fun with hard-core multiplayer action and lots of shit ye can just blow the fuck up. Really. Wall getting in your way? Blow it up. Door won't open? Blow up the wall next to it. Hidden in a corner and wanna snipe? Blow up the wall again. Actually, the walls are what ye can mainly blow up, but it's still frickin' cool. No Halo-killer, for sure, with the multiplayer lacking something intangible (maybe the tanks), and the weapon noises having not quite the grunt of the Master Chief's arsenal, but for quick and easy, John Woo-ing of SMG fun, RF2 is well worth it. And as for Dynasty Warriors 4, imagine a Soul Calibre-style fighting game that puts you in the middle of an Age Of Empires-style battlefield. You get to run around and either mow down rows of nameless enemy footsoldiers or single out captains and generals for extra fun. They can even call you out, Wild West style, for one-on-one duels. Also, the graphics are fucking incredible (Hmmm... haven't I been the potty mouth today? :) ). All we need now is a big screen TV. Again. I don't know, bloody Callum wanting his own stuff in his own house. Bastard.

Four things I learned recently;

  1. The HTML coding to make ordered lists with Roman numerals.

  2. My Mum makes really good Chinese-style pork neck.

  3. Some lolly manufacturers apparently consider bile an important ingredient in banana flavouring.

  4. Just because the Aussie dollar is in a good position internationally doesn't mean I'll suddenly have the money to buy all the crap I want from on-line stores. Dammit.

=====
"Just remember these two things: she's nineteen years old, and the 82nd Airborne works for me."
- President Josiah Bartlett, The West Wing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home