Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Glory is mine!

I've made it past the halfway point on KoC! I'm now ranked 123,200 out of 250,000+. Yay me!

In other news, the US handed over control of Iraq to the provisional government a couple of days early. Many observers (and maybe even pundits) have stated that this is probably because they wanted to avoid a terrorist extravaganza on the scheduled day. Many of them have also said it in a very "and that makes them cowards" tone of voice. Personally, I don't think it makes them cowards just because they want to avoid lots of people being killed. Of course, that doesn't mean that the terrorists won't find something else to blow up on thursday, but the point is now they're blowing up actual Iraqi stuff, rather than US-governed stuff.

And in Mexico, thousands took to the street dressed in white to protest the high rate of violent crime and kidnapping. Some of them even said that the army should be deployed in the streets to help combat the corrupt police force. Now, I don't know how many of you know the history that many Mexicans - especially those of a "march in the streets to protest things" mentality - have had with the army going into the streets, but some of them asking for the army is pretty damn interesting. At least, that's what I think...

Anyway, I'm about to be late for Peter Pan rehearsals, so I'll hafta give ye 8 things I learned recently and two quotes next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home