Monday, October 04, 2004

Election 2004

I think I need a lie down. Maybe even a nice glass of water or a moment to get my breath back and let my heartrate come down back to normal.

I just saw an election advertisement (for Latham, FYI) which revolved around "Vote For Us", not "Don't Vot For Them 'Cause They Eat Babies And Wee In The Sink".

It really does make a nice change, in this day of muckraking and shit-slinging, to see a gentle, friendly advert that tries to encourage you to vote for their party rather than scaring you into not voting for the others. Call me naive, but I really would rather see an ad that says "Vote for us" and gives reasons why, rather than "The other team is evil and will come over to your house and eat all your icecream and kill your pet".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home