Thursday, September 23, 2004

I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!

I got "Knights Of The Old Republic" today! It's a totally awesome Star Wars RPG for the XBox (and PC and other platforms, but I got the XBox version) with smooth graphics an intuitive command system and engrossing gameplay. Plus, it only cost me $40 at Big W, so it is a cool game and bought cheaply. Yay me!!

On the Masters front, I actually wrote some more theory this week, and I'm pretty sure I'll meet my deadline of first complete draft by the end of November. That'll give me a few weeks to leave it be and then six weeks to re-write for the February submission date. Heck, I might even pass with the thing. Also, once I've got a smooth complete fiction draft, I'm going to talk to my supervisors and if there's no issue from the Uni, I'm going to submit the draft to a publisher. I figure zombie stories are big at the moment, so I might have a chance. I'll keep you posted.

And I've got a G-mail account thanks to Ratti. It gives me a GB of space and I think the theory is that I never have to delete an e-mail. Then, when I have lots and lots of them, it has a search engine built in so I can look through my messages. Pretty neat, huh?

Four things I learned recently;

  1. If you reveal the big twist in a film thirty minutes from the end, it doesn't matter how well you have built your tension, the film will suffer.

  2. It feels good to get big bills away from over your head.

  3. My friend Gordon, with whom I've done a couple of shows, can really rock out!

  4. Even if it's broken, a dishwasher makes a good drying rack.



========
"What exactly is it you are lacking, Dick?"
- Elliot Stabler, Law & Order:SVU

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home