Sunday, September 26, 2004

Trivia nights a genetic purity...

I think we should stop pandering to ciliacs (if that's how you spell it) and lactose intolerant people. It's counter-evolutionary. I mean, what we're doing is supporting weaker genotypes. Darwin would be ashamed of us. What we should be doing is encouraging them to deal with their problems by giving the people who ask for soy full fat cow milk. You're a ciliac? Have a nice big slice of bread with a dusting of wheat germ. That way, either they'll be able to deal with their shortcomings or else their weak and feeble genetic codes will be removed from the gene pool. Either way, society as a whole will benefit. This policy can be seen as a last great answer to the problem of genetic purity. A final solution, if you will... Hmmm... maybe I should move on.

In other news, lots of people ordered soy milk coffees today and it annoyed the hell out of me.

Just got back from Rep's trivia night for this year and I'd just like to say that even though we tanked out double points round, the great Boyd's Chairs (that's Liv, Sean, Alex (Liv's sister) and me) came second overall. Even if I did seem to think (and I was writing down the answers) that at 10pm on Sunday the 26th of September, 2004 in Canberra it was 7am on Saturday the 25th of June in Chicago. Sometimes my brain, she don't work so good. Although I did manage to make many a person chuckle (uncontrollably in more than one instance) when, with the question being "What is the most common element in the universe?", I called out the wrong answer. What did I yell out?

Tweed.

Andrew Kaye (who was asking the questions at the time) went a strange and worrying shade of red. Carmen's team (Brown's Chairs - Matt, Majdie, Darren and Carmen) came 6th. And, in fact, were 6th for most of the evening. Oh, and by coming 5th in the 5th round we got a go at a lucky dip and recieved a pack of envelopes and a couple of balloons. Yay us.

Four Things I Learned Recently;

  1. Swans are - apparently - the only birds with a penis.

  2. The first Dr Who stories released on VHS featured Cybermen.

  3. Attila the Hun died from a bleeding nose on his wedding night.

  4. Filling out this bit of my blog after a trivia night is really easy.



============
"Good news, everyone!"
- Professor Hubert Farnsworth, Futurama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home