Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Dinner parties

Well another milestone has been passed. I have, for the first time, produced an entire 3 course meal entirely on my own. I made the dessert the night before and the entree and mains on the night. Of course, the meal itself was more than a little late (we started eating at 2050 or so), but overall I would declare it a success. And what did I serve for my initial dinner party? Well, entree was a rare beef and basil salad with roma tomatoes, spanish onion and warm vinaigrette. The beef itself was a King Island Sirloin that was tender and juicy (if a little burnt on the outside), and the vinaigrette was pleasantly tart.

The mains (for there were two) were roast quail with olive oil, thyme and praprika accompanied by rosemary & garlic potatoes and green beans and whole leatherjacket fillet with red curry and ginger butter served with sesame and honey sweet potato chips and chinese broccoli. Both worked very well, and I even managed to get Carmen to like sweet potato. See, I put some on her plate and she said; "I don't like sweet potato", to which I replied "But this has honey and sesame seeds with it". Later on in the meal, I tried to steal one and she told me off. Seems she liked that kind of sweet potato.

And what was dessert? Well, it would've been orange creme brulee except I forgot to buy more fuel for my brulee torch and so we actually had baked orange custard. It was still nice, though. :)

I'm pleased with meself, and I think my guests enjoyed their dinner also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home