Sunday, January 08, 2006

Success!

So there we have my 50 books for 2005. Despite a late"ish" start (or rather, a big gap in the middle where theory and research took over). I was counting from the 6th of January, 'cause that's when I started, so I managed to get my 50 with a few days to spare (finishing "Prey", as I did, on the 31st). Thinking back (but not looking back, 'cause that'd be too hard... :) ), the highlights of the year are the Gaiman I read, especially "Smoke & Mirrors" and "Coraline". I was also well impressed with the Lemony Snicket books and some of the hard-core cyberpunk I read, like "Spares" and "Altered Carbon". Of the "You have to read these books" books I finally read, I enjoyed "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" the most, although "The Hobbit" did have its charms.

The dogs that stand out were "Funnelweb", obivously, and "Prey". Funnily enough, I'm not sure if I would rate "Prey" as a complete dog, if only because I don't really have feelings that strong about it. I was a bit disappointed with "Haunted" and "In The Presence Of Mine Enemies", while our very own John Birmingham kept me hugely entertained with the World War 2.0 series.

Now on to 2006 and I'm currently at 2 books and counting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home