Saturday, August 14, 2004

Songs and words

Recently (only about eight days ago, in fact) a gauntlet was laid down before me that I guess I might as well rise to, given its use in padding my blog. Seems there's this guy called Nick Hornby (you might've heard of him) and he wrote a book called "31 Songs" in which he talks about the top 31 songs that have influenced his life, and asked himself why. Now, Jared and
Graham
have applied themselves to this question - as it pertains to them rather than Hornby, obviously - and the young master Wilkins even went so far as to raise the ante to 32 songs. Now, given the title of my blog and given that while we were having dinner t'other thursday Graham suggested I might like to join them, I thought I'd give it a go. I doubt I can wax quite so lyrical about the songs as they, especially given that I don't think that deeply about many things, let alone music, but I might give it a go. And so, here is #32 on Euans's All Time Top Influential Songs Of My Life (or EATTISOML).

#32; Spaghetti Bolognaise by Peter Coombs

One that we sang in the choir at primary school (when it was still Warramanga and before they sold out and became Arawang so Fisher primary could close and become an old people's home [True Story]). Why was it influential on me? Well, I was on my way to a choir session when I was running in the corridor and slipped over. I skidded up against some wire fencing that was waiting to be installed and took a lovely 2mm wide by 11mm long by 2mm deep gouge out of my knee. The circumstances around that song influenced me so much, I still have the scar to prove it.

In other news, I had an audition today for On The Razzle with REP and it went well. At least, that's what I think it means when the director says "See you at the call backs". :)

Four Things I Learned Today

  1. They'll make a video game about anything.

  2. I am easily excitable.

  3. Carmen steals the doona.

  4. Apparently, all you have to do is watch me cook breakfast and you can tell I've got English blood in me.



=====================
"Who's scruffy lookin'?"
- Han Solo, Star Wars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home