Monday, September 13, 2004

Mmm... Conspiracy theories...

How you doin'? Happy in your life and the knowledge that the world is as They say it is? Feel like a shock to the brain? Well the young master Stewart sent me this link (which I see also appears on his blog), and the film it shows is interesting to say the least. It's about the impact of Flight 77 on the Pentagon in the 9/11 attacks and asks if a 757 actually did hit the building. As Chris says, the production values are pretty slick, and the quotes (if genuine) are a little worrying. My question is; it was obivously an attack, right? So if it wasn't Flight 77, why claim it was a 757 at all? Is the idea that it was a smaller plane or missile significantly scarier or more threatening to security than the idea that a 757 or 747 could be hijacked?

Makes ye think. I mean, I remember seeing a site last year that claimed it was a satellite laser attack (these were not of the same production values, but that might just mean that the satellite laser nutters have less time than the other nutters). Also, the satellite nutters didn't have the quotes and stuff.

Four Things I Learned Recently;

  1. Sorting out a kitchen so that it is how you like it can be oddly relaxing.

  2. Little Cherry Ripes are fantastic.

  3. I can have Shaun Of The Dead on DVD before it comes out here in the cinemas.

  4. A little kindness is frequently rewarded.


=========
"Let's play!"
- El Mariachi, Desperado

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Just stumbled across your site. "...contains traces of peanuts." Ha! I love it. I see you like IMBD, ever try cin-o-matic. Great site for new releases at a glance.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: Shaun of the Dead
There's always the option to buy the DVD from the UK, and then leave it sitting on the shelf until you've seen it at the cinema, so you can head home straight after and watch all the extras and stuff...

...well, that's my plan at the moment anyway. We'll see how I do when the DVD actually turns up.

-Denis.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time will tell whether or not it's the best plan. At this stage, I think it's a good plan, but the final decision on it won't be made until I've proved that I actually possess the willpower to have the thing on my shelf for weeks without actually opening it up and watching it...

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home