Friday, March 25, 2005

It's like that Mafia film...

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Back into hospitality, that is. Y'see, if'n you're a full-time worker then the next couple of weeks have rocked for you. We have Easter weekend, and we had Canberra Day last monday. We've had public holidays just falling out of our fundaments here in Canberra. Unfortunately, I'm a casual employee, and that means no shifts for me. Which means no money for those days. Which means not enough pay for rent. So I had to grab a couple of shifts at Gaudi to make up the difference. It's good, cause it means I get to see some of the gang again, but it's bad cause it means I'm back in the hospitality gig.

The first shift was yesterday, and it went pretty well, except for the last hour or so when I got the grumps 'cause of a couple of customers being poo-y. In fact, on more than one occasion, while dealing with these crappy customers, I found myself thinking loudly in their direction; "People like you are the reason I don't work here any more."

Still, I didnae swear at anyone and I soon got the hang of the new machine. I'm back again tomorrow morning, 8-2:30pm, and it be all good. I'm working with Juanio and Mark and Sam. And a couple of newbies. Should be a blast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home