Sunday, August 05, 2007

Harry Potter VII or "Those whacky hallows"

Yes, I am a sheep. I've gotten quite interested in the antics of that whiny Potter boy and I really enjoyed this one.

It's not a perfect novel, but it is smoothly delivered. The death count is perhaps a little bit higher than we might have first thought (or hoped?), but the action sequences (of which there are quite a few) are very slick and I cannae wait for them to be on the big screen.

I did have my usual six or seven chapters worth of wanting to smack Harry upside the head 'cause, really, he is a whiny little bitch. But, if you think about it, he's a 17 year old whose folks were murdered by a powerful dark wizard who tries to kill him on a regular basis (about once a year, really), so maybe it's understandable that he's a bit whiny.

I still wanna smack him, though.

There are a couple of sequences that are very much in the "tell", not "show" category, but overall I really enjoyed it. And that's about all I can say without spoiling it. : )

Four smashed up horcruxes out of five.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home