Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Nifty stuff...

Just got the latest draft of that fucking essay back and the notes were all positive and stuff! One more re-write and I can hand the damnable thing in and be done with it. Hu-fuckin-zah! Plus, the second presentation for my masters that I gotta give can basically be my new, shit-hot essay read out loud. Innit grand? :)

Been looking at grants and stuff as part of uni and found out that for a few of the "You're new here, aintcha? Want some cash?" literary grants you need to already have, like, 10 stories or a couple of books or scripts already published/produced. Now, I know that they're just wanting you to demonstrate that you have what it takes to give them a return on their grant money, but doesn't that seem like "We're here to give you money if you're a new and emerging artists so long as you're established and successful". Confusing.

Oh, and I was looking at Daria's journal and found this nifty little meme...
What would your Anime life be like? by hearthlight
Name:
Gender:
Your looks:Long, perpetually flowing hair
Your best friend:Twelve horny alien girls.
Your powers:Energy blasts.
Your beloved:A valiant hero.
Your occupation:Wanderer.
Your ending:Shocking! I can't spoil it.
Created with quill18's MemeGen 3.0!

There was cutting and pasting, so I hope this works...

Four things I've learned recently;

  1. No speech at a wedding should include the words "tag team", no matter how late it is.

  2. The military terminology and behaviour (except for a few cock-ups) in Dog Soldiers are very accurate. My Dad said so.

  3. People that speed are not above complaining when other speeders nearly hit them.

  4. Downloadeable trailers are cool.



=====
"Now he's shooting my luggage. That's just mean!"
- Fairfax, Payback

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home