Thursday, April 01, 2004

Trailer trash.

I've been trawling the trailer sites and found some coolness that is truly stunning.

Assuming you haven't been to the blogs of some of the other Bunnies that have already gone over this, you might be excited to find out that some of the gang what did bring us Spaced have gotten together and made a romantic zombie comedy. It's called Shaun of the Dead and if the preview is anything to go by, it is going to be a gut-buster. Featuring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Tim and Mike from the series) and directed by Edgar Wright (the... um... director of the series) and written by Simon and Edgar it also features Black Books' Dylan Moran - you know, the drunk, obnoxious Irish on. With no release date set for Australia (that I could find), we already have plans to head out en masse to see this, although we may have to head to England to do it. Still, given that Spaced is exactly the sort of sit-com the Bunnies would make (with its comics, cult TV and film references), I suspect that Shaun will similarly have us peeing ourselves with laughter. I know I'm building this up, but watch the trailers (ye'll have to do some clicking to get to them, the direct link didnae want to work) and tell me they don't look piss funny.

Speaking of pop-culture-y fun, check out the trailer for Shaolin Soccer. Holy crap it looks cool! What a way to park! Kung-fu sports action complete with Matrix-y bullet time and cool symbols floating in mid air. The bit where the goalie catches the kicked ball and the shockwaves ripple the net is awesome!

Also worth a look is the preview for the Rock's latest effort. Purportedly based on a true story, Walking Tall looks like more eye-candy action from the young master Johnson (I mean really, "Dwayne"?) with some snappy tag-lines. Now I know many people disagree with me, but I think Welcome To The Jungle was awesome. Sure, it was a no-brainer Indiana Jones rip-off, but it knew what it was the whole time and didn't try to be anything else. The fight scenes were truly wince-worthy and Cristopher Walken looked like he was having an absolute blast. I cannae wait for the DVD with its Sean William Scott and The Rock commentary.

Oh, I did another funny quiz today, and found out that my personality is stuck in the 90s. I think it was my liking for women in Docs and DVD players that really cemented it.





what decade does your personality live in?


quiz brought to you by lady interference, ltd



BTW, I've nearly finished with Communications Research Design. Yippee!!!

Four things I learned recently;

  1. Putting links in for every film or TV show I reference in a reference-heavy post gets old quick.

  2. Eating at 930 and then having no money to eat until about 1630 sucks...

  3. Chicken-flavoured microwave popcorn is just weird.

  4. Switching between FPSes on the XBox gets confusing.


=====
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese."
- Tim, Spaced

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home